These laws cover everything from protecting against discrimination as well as harassment inside the workplace, office poster demands, wage and hour regulations and workers’ compensation rules.
The U.S. Department of Labor manages federal government employment and labor rules; however, individual states also have their own specific legal guidelines. In order to help you understand and abide by these laws, reference the following small enterprise guides and sources.
- Find out which Government Employment Laws Apply to Your Company – This online resource from the Department of Labor – the “FirstStep Work Laws Advisor” – will assist you to determine which regulations pertain to you and how you can abide by.
- State Work Laws and regulations – Each individual state has its particular laws that you must comply. This site contains links to your state labor office.
- Browse Laws and regulations by Classification – Acquire easy-to-understand information and facts concerning various federal government employment laws and regulations utilizing this “eLaws” on the web tool from the Department of Labor.
Find Information by Subject Gain access to the most frequently asked search engine terms and also subjects from the Department of Labor.
- Employment Law Guide – This extensive guide describes significant work regulations that impact companies and is designed for those needing “hands-on” information to develop salary, benefit, safety and health, and nondiscrimination procedures.
- 10 Steps to Selecting your Very first Staff member – These 10 basic techniques will guide you through what you must do once you hire your initial employee.